In a world where marketing strategies continue to evolve at a rapid pace, traditional marketing has maintained its relevance. It’s a powerful tool to reach those who aren’t always online and to establish credibility in the eyes of consumers. According to a recent survey by Business2Marketing, 79% of respondents reported reading direct mail ads, with 56% considering print marketing the most trustworthy form of advertising. However, while traditional marketing remains essential, the landscape has expanded significantly, with new methods emerging monthly.
As if it wasn’t already apparent; the decision to outsource is significant, and it requires both a financial commitment and a collaborative working relationship between your company and the outsourcing partner. Combining internal and external marketing efforts to strike a balance between internal and external resources based on your specific needs is by far the most effective way to see the true benefits of partnered outsourcing with UMI. Like everything else, the right choice depends on your unique circumstances, including financial resources and the skill set of your existing in-house team. UMI has a multitude of adaptable solutions for almost any sized marketing team.
Marketing is crucial for business growth, but many companies struggle to allocate the time and resources necessary to create and implement effective marketing strategies. Outsourcing offers several advantages over maintaining an in-house team, including cost savings, flexibility, access to the latest tools and industry knowledge, and the ability to scale marketing initiatives as needed.
Today, factors such as cost savings, the pace of change, and labor market dynamics make it an opportune time to consider redirecting your focus from an in-house traditional marketing team to outsourcing. In this article, we’ll explore why outsourcing your traditional marketing efforts with UMI is a strategic move, backed by data and over two decades of expertise.
1. Labor Market: Recruiting and retaining a skilled marketing team can be a daunting challenge. Especially when you’re working with traditional marketing. Sourcing and fulfillment are often time-consuming and can even be monotomous, and we all know what happens to staff that feels under-utilized or unchallenged- they quit or they don’t do their best work. Outsourcing mundane tasks removes the burden of finding and retaining traditional marketing talent, it also helps ensure continuity in service, delivery, and results.
2. Costs: The cost of maintaining an in-house marketing team is rising steadily. Salaries, benefits, and overhead costs add up, especially as you grow, one person can only do so much. Outsourcing offers a cost-effective solution with a fixed budget for a defined scope of work that expands and grows with you without adding unnecessary costs. In addition to the rising cost of manpower, the cost of acquiring materials on a need basis isn’t the best way to ensure you’re getting a great value for your products. At UMI we’ve fostered close relationships with dozens of vendors across the country. These strong relationships help ensure you save an average of 17% across the board on marketing materials and fulfillment.
3. Broader Skillsets: By reallocating the budget for a small in-house marketing team that’s stretched thin to an outsourced distributed marketing agency, you gain access to a diverse range of skills for the same investment. You also can retain your marketing team, but allow them to shift their focus to innovating and improving the brand’s overall strategy. The time they spent in the weeds looking for products, corresponding with vendors, and tracking fulfillment can be reinvested in strategy so your brand continues to grow.
4. Faster to market: Outsourcing with UMI means your brand gains access to our extensive and experienced logistics and fulfillment team. Our centrally located warehouse, dedicated warehouse staff, and unparalleled quality control give your brand a leg up on the competition by allowing you to realize a 60% faster-to-market deployment of marketing materials. This translates to a higher return on your investment, an increase in awareness, and most of all, peace of mind.
5. Expertise: Marketing and communications are rapidly evolving fields. Staying ahead of the curve requires a continuous investment in new technologies and strategies. Outsourcing places this responsibility on the shoulders of the agency you hire, ensuring you stay competitive. Let us focus on innovating the materials you go to market with and the way you do it. We’ve pioneered a unique technology platform we affectionately refer to as the S.N.A.P. Platform TM. This platform is designed to stand alone or drop into your existing store management system. Tools like this are what sets UMI apart, we are continuously looking at ways we can improve our client experience.
Outsourcing has advantages for companies of all sizes and across all industries. Whether you run a small startup or a large corporation, outsourcing can help you focus on your core competencies while letting experts handle your marketing needs.
The modern business landscape recognizes the benefits of outsourcing non-core tasks to concentrate on their core objectives. As the world becomes more aware of this idea, businesses all over the world are adopting outsourcing strategies to achieve their goals more efficiently.
Outsourcing your traditional marketing with UMI offers numerous benefits, including faster delivery, minimal errors, and significant time savings that can be reinvested in strategic efforts. UMI boasts a remarkable track record of delivering materials to market 60% faster on average, maintaining an error rate of less than 1%, and saving you and your staff thousands of man-hours per year. By outsourcing mundane tasks, you can empower your employees to focus on more challenging and engaging responsibilities.
In the ever-evolving landscape of marketing, outsourcing to UMI can be a game-changer, allowing your business to stay ahead of the curve while reaping the benefits of cost-effective, high-quality marketing solutions. It’s time to consider the advantages of outsourcing your traditional marketing to UMI and experience the transformative impact it can have on your brand’s success. If you’d like to learn more about what UMI can do for your growing multi-location brand, click here for a free proposal.